Thursday, April 2, 2009

Justice Served (December 29, 2005)

I just realized something today. Justice comes in various packages. Not long ago, I had been on the receiving end of a rather misleading partnership. To the best of my knowledge, I had commited no mistakes, delivered through all expectations, had given more than what was asked of me. In return, I was used, blatantly lied to, thrown the sudden shrug-off, dropped like a hot potato, left for dead, and replaced by an entity that, bluntly put, oozes with mediocrity when placed beside a morsel of me (yeah, I am mad...and I damned know my worth). I fought and I struggled...through all the confusion, anger, hurt and pain...not to mention financial turmoil the partnership had hurled at me. I am fine now...to say the least...my toil has ended. I knew the time would come that the scores would even up. That time arrived today for me. It is interesting that news come to me without my prompting or egging ...they really quite simply just fall on my lap. A couple of hours ago, a friend texted me some bad news...about the object of my hardships. It seems the person had not been able to ride through the wave of a particular storm smoothly, and has sunk (once more) to the depths beneath. I don't feel at all glorious, nor do I feel the urge to gloat. On the contrary, I am saddened by this sudden turn of events, and wonder what the future might hold for this person. Through our brief encounter, I had caught a glimpse of this person's life, and I still thoroughly believe this person is inherently good...confused and insecure...but good, nonetheless...and this person's actions, albeit hurtful, misleading, and oftentimes just plain foolish and silly, are brought on by particular needs...a need to be loved, to be accepted, to be lauded. Still, though, the thought of justice being served could not leave my mind, and the word "karma" keeps echoing through my head. And although I feel a little bit guilty, I could not help but think...the wheels have turned...it is someone else's time now to be at the bottom rung. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment